Sunday, May 11, 2008

Wale made a GREAT point...

I came across this interview by Wale today, and he brought up a subject that I'm really having a problem with right now. HIPSTER RAP. I know that being a "hipster" is in right now, but to base your entire rap career around it, in my opinion, is very one-sided and quite dumb. I, being a MC, hate when rap falls so deep into trends... that none of the new rappers come with originality. For instance, the Cool Kids. I don't honestly think they're the best rappers in the world... i don't even think they're top 100, but at a time in Hip Hop where niggas copy what everyone else is doing, they shine. Since 2005, there have only been a handful of good rappers, and I feel that its time for a change... immediately!!!! Enough with the venting... here's the interview....

No comments: